|Innovating The Next Big Thing||May 26, 2013|
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
• Remembering 9/11
Next Innovator Group
Feedjit Live Web Stats
• Ghost City
HP Technology Powers Creativity on Lifetime Televisions Hit Series Project Runway
Jul 18, 2012 – HP News
HP technology will make a return appearance on the 10th season of Lifetime Television’s Emmy® Award nominated hit “Project Runway,” helping to celebrate a decade of compelling fashion competitions and highlighting technology’s increasing role in the creative arts.
The season kicks off tomorrow, July 19, at 9 p.m. ET/PT with 16 aspiring designers vying for a chance to show a collection at New York Fashion Week. The winner will receive a $50,000 technology suite from HP and Intel to help launch the designer’s business.
By trading in pen and paper for the latest HP touch-enabled PCs, the designers can create, refine and share their ideas in digital form before they make physical samples and send them down the runway.
“This is the fourth season that HP has joined us as a sponsor, and we could not be more excited,” said Meryl Poster, president, Television, The Weinstein Company. “The pattern challenge has become one of our hallmark episodes each season, and I continue to be surprised and inspired by the designs that emerge.”
In previous seasons, HP has brought memorable firsts, including the Season 7 episode when designers created textile patterns using HP TouchSmart PCs and the Season 9 episode when designers created videos to serve as stunning runway backdrops. Season 10 will again push designers to demonstrate their skills at the intersection of technology and fashion.
Technology on the show
“Project Runway” designers will have powerful, intuitive HP TouchSmart 520 all-in-one (AiO) desktop PCs with Intel’s newest processors to sketch on and design fabric patterns. They then can print their creations in the studio using HP ENVY AiO printers. For challenges beyond the workroom, designers will have HP’s new lineup of thin and light Intel-inspired UltrabooksTM and the latest HP Elitebook notebook PCs to use as their digital assistants.
About “Project Runway”
Hosted by supermodel and fashion maven Heidi Klum, the hit series Project Runway provides budding designers with an opportunity to launch their careers in fashion, under the watchful eye of mentor and Liz Claiborne Chief Creative Officer Tim Gunn. Project Runway was 2010’s No. 1 rated and most watched competitive reality program on ad-supported cable among Women 18-49, Women 25-54, Women 18+, Adults 18-49, Adults 18+ and Households. The show recently was awarded with a 2011 GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Reality Program and also was nominated for a Critics’ Choice Television Award in the Reality-Competition Program category.
Project Runway is produced by The Weinstein Company, Bunim-Murray Productions and Full Picture. Executive producers include Bob and Harvey Weinstein (co-chairmen of The Weinstein Company), Meryl Poster of The Weinstein Company, Jon Murray and Sara Rea of Bunim-Murray Productions, Heidi Klum, and Jane Cha and Desiree Gruber of Full Picture Entertainment. Barbara Schneeweiss oversees the production on behalf of The Weinstein Company. Rob Sharenow, Gena McCarthy and David Hillman of Lifetime Television also executive produce.
About The Weinstein Company
The Weinstein Company (TWC) is a multimedia production and distribution company launched in October 2005 by Bob and Harvey Weinstein, the brothers who founded Miramax Films in 1979. TWC also encompasses Dimension Films, the genre label founded in 1993 by Bob Weinstein, which has released such popular franchises as Scream, Spy Kids and Scary Movie. Together TWC and Dimension Films have released a broad range of mainstream, genre and specialty films that have been commercial and critical successes. TWC releases took home eight 2012 Academy Awards®, the most wins in the studio’s history. The tally included Best Picture for Michel Hazanavicius’s The Artist and Best Documentary Feature for TJ Martin and Dan Lindsay’s Undefeated. The Artist brought TWC its second consecutive Best Picture statuette following the 2011 win for Tom Hooper’s The King’s Speech.
Since 2005, TWC and Dimension Films have released such films as Grindhouse; I’m Not There; The Great Debaters; Vicky Cristina Barcelona; The Reader; The Road; Halloween; The Pat Tillman Story; Piranha 3D; Inglourious Basterds; A Single Man; Blue Valentine; The Company Men; Miral; Scre4m; Submarine; Dirty Girl; Apollo 18; Our Idiot Brother; I Don’t Know How She Does It; Sarah’s Money and The Untouchables. Upcoming releases include Lawless; Killing Them Softly; The Master; and Silver Linings Playbook. Currently in production is Django Unchained.
TWC is also active in television production, led by former Miramax Films President of Production and current President of Television Meryl Poster, with credits including the Emmy® nominated and Peabody Award winning reality series Project Runway, spin-off series Project Runway All Stars and Project Accessory, the VH1 reality series Mob Wives, spin-off series Big Ang and Mob Wives: Chicago, and the critically acclaimed HBO comedy/crime series The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency which also received a Peabody Award. The company is currently in pre-production on the martial-arts epic Marco Polo for Starz as well as production on the second season. TWC additionally has 17 series in different stages of development, including The Nanny Diaries, being adapted for ABC by Amy Sherman Palladino (Gilmore Girls).
Lifetime Television is committed to offering the highest quality entertainment and information programming, and advocating a wide range of issues affecting women and their families. The network posted major growth in viewership among the key demographics in Second Quarter 2012 versus Second Quarter 2011, posting a 13% jump among Women 18-49, +5% among Adults 18-49 and +1% in Women 25-54. Additionally, among Women 18-49, Lifetime marked the network’s strongest 2Q growth in 10 years.
Lifetime Television®, LMN®, Lifetime Real Women® and Lifetime Digital are part of Lifetime Entertainment Services, LLC, a subsidiary of A+E Networks. A+E Networks is a joint venture of the Disney-ABC Television Group, Hearst Corporation and NBC Universal.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Enterprise Insights articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 5/24 Frontline Sentinel: What Java's installer should really say (Funny)
• 5/24 Frontline Sentinel: How to build C-level support for the benefits of penetration testing
• 5/23 Frontline Sentinel: "Interview with a Blackhat" by Whitehat Security
• 5/23 Gartner Says IT Spending in Indian Banking and Securities Market To Reach 422 Billion Rupees In 2013
• 5/23 Gartner Announces Rankings of Its 2013 Supply Chain Top 25
• 5/23 iSuppli: Global Touch-Screen Panel Shipments to Double by 2016, IHS Analyst Announces at SID
• 5/23 iSuppli: Falling Commodity Prices Give Buyers Using Cost Analysis the Upper Hand in Supplier Negotiations
• 5/23 Wireless Watch: New Intel chief puts post-smartphone devices at the heart of his agenda
• 5/23 Wireless Watch: Satellite spectrum under siege from cellular predators
• 5/23 Faultline: TiVo blows away numbers still ignored by investors
• 5/23 Faultline: Yahoo gambles on social networking to make up for lost time
• 5/23 Canalys: Top iOS and Android apps largely absent on Windows Phone and BlackBerry 10 - App quality not quantity now needs to be the priority for Microsoft and BlackBerry
• 5/22 2013 Security Market Outlook - Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit Preview
• 5/22 iSuppli: Chinas Labor Day LCD TV Sales Surge by Double-Digit Percentage
• 5/21 Gartner Says IT Operations and Management Software Market Grew 4.8 Percent in 2012
• 5/21 iSuppli: One Quarter of All Notebooks to Ship with Touchscreens by 2016; Intel Endorses Touch Technology at SID
• 5/21 iSuppli: Can UHD Televisions Avoid the Fate of 3D Sets?
• 5/21 iSuppli: After a Year of Decline, Global Flat-Panel TV Market Ekes Out Marginal Growth in the First Quarter
• 5/21 Frontline Sentinel: Network perimeter security: How to audit remote access services
• 5/20 Gartner Says Business Intelligence/Analytics Is Top Area for CFO Technology Investment Through 2014
• 5/20 Gartner Says Worldwide Supply Chain Management Software Market Grew 7.1 Percent to Reach $8.3 Billion in 2012
• 5/20 Yahoo Acquisition of Tumblr Can Lead to Content Platforms
• 5/20 iSuppli: Top IHS Experts to Attend SID Display Week 2013
• 5/20 iSuppli: How Intel Can Enable a Successful $200 PC in the Age of the Media Tablet
• 5/16 iSuppli: Shipments of Sports and Fitness Monitors to Total One-Quarter Billion from 2013 Through 2017
• 5/16 Canalys: World-class speaker line-up announced for Canalys Channels Forums 2013 - Confirmed sponsors include Lenovo, HP, Cisco and EMC at keynote level
• 5/15 Gartner Says PC Market in Western Europe Declined 20.5 Percent in First Quarter of 2013
• 5/15 Gartner Highlights 2013 Cool Vendors That Are Transforming How Businesses Operate
• 5/15 iSuppli: Google Unlikely to Deploy its Fiber Broadband Service Nationwide
• 5/14 Asia Pacific CEOs View Themselves as Tech-Savvy Pioneers, According to Gartner CEO and Senior Business Executive Survey
• 5/14 Gartner Says Asia/Pacific Led Worldwide Mobile Phone Sales to Growth in First Quarter of 2013
• 5/14 Gartner Identifies Five Actions for Enterprise Architects to Harness the Disruption of Consumerization
• 5/14 iSuppli: Small Cells with Wi-Fi Set to Reshape Wireless Communications Market
• 5/13 Frontline Sentinel: How Facebook Updates Would Look in Real Life [Funny]
• 5/13 Gartner Says Project and Portfolio Management Software Market Grew 11 Percent in 2012
• 5/13 Gartner Says India IT Infrastructure Spending Will Reach $2.3 Billion By 2014
• 5/13 What to Expect at Google I/O
• 5/13 iSuppli: EU Antidumping Duties to Price Chinese Modules out of the European Market
• 5/13 iSuppli: Combo MEMS Inertial Sensors Motor Their Way to Brisk Growth in the Automotive Market
• 5/12 Frontline Sentinel: Two-Factor Authentication for Social Media Sites
• 5/10 McAfee Blogs: RealTime for ePO Optimized Endpoint Security
• 5/10 iSuppli: Intel VP to Discuss Low-Cost Computing Initiative at IHS/SID 2013 Business Conference Keynote
• 5/10 Ovum: Ovum comments: GB smart meter delay better late than never
• 5/10 Gartner Says India Has The Potential To Lead The World In The Nexus Of Social, Mobile, Cloud And Information But May Waste The Opportunity
• 5/9 Frontline Sentinel: NSA's Manual on Hacking the Internet
• 5/9 iSuppli: Dimming PC Prospects Spur Inventory Reduction in Computer Supply Chain
• 5/9 iSuppli: At SID 2013: The Human Visual Interface as Key to Innovation in High-Performance Displays
• 5/9 Frontline Sentinel: 8 charged in $45 million cybertheft bank heist
• 5/9 Gartner Highlights Three Key Foundational Elements for Demand-Driven Retail Success
• 5/9 iSuppli: Korean and American Versions of Galaxy S4 as Different as Kimchee and Coleslaw, IHS Teardown Reveals