|Innovating The Next Big Thing||June 20, 2013|
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
• Remembering 9/11
Next Innovator Group
Feedjit Live Web Stats
• Ghost City
McAfee Blogs: Cayman Islands – Security for Financial Services
Jun 7, 2012 – Brian Contos
I spent a few days in Grand Cayman with the McAfee team pictured below meeting with financial services organizations. As everyone knows, the Cayman Islands are a mecca for financial services and supporting industries such as legal, insurance, and consulting. Because of the sensitivity of the business in the Caymans in regards to customer privacy and confidentiality along with a rapid push towards highly automated, connected systems facilitating b2b and b2c self-service portals, these organizations are making a number of security investments to mitigate the inherent risks idacative to financial services organizations the world around.
McAfee secures some of the largest financial services organizations in the world and as such has created a number of specialized solutions that are purpose-built for these organizations. Within the Caymans however, there are obvious limitations in terms of resources around capital and operational expendutures. The islands themselves only have a population of around 55,000. Therefore, many of these organizations started with the pure basics – endpoint security and perimeter security. Solutions like anti-malware, firewalls, and IPS are as common in the Caymans as the rest of the world. Over the last few years, they have pushed towards solutions that provide greater control over their “crown jewels” – sensitive data, and have employed controls such as DLP , DAM, and SIEM.
Because of limited human resources, these data security controls would have been impractical in the face of daily fire fighting and supporting endpoint security concerns such as issues around malware and phishing scams. It is precisely this issue that makes McAfee Security Connected, centered around McAfee ePO, so powerful. The security and IT teams can centralize their endpoint, network, and data controls. They have a single location for management, analysis, and reporting. Best of all, they can manage issues by exception, allowing their small teams to remain effective while ensuring that additional security controls will act to enrich their current security framework without requiring an increase in resources. After all, with views like this, who wants to spend all day in front of a computer?
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Network & Information Security articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: The Defense Department Lists Mobile Security as a Top Priority
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: The Strategic Consumer
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Keeping Your Small Business Safe from Cyberattacks
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Exciting Times for SMBs at National Small Business Week!
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Why whitelisting is ready for Enterprise desktops
• 6/13 Gartner Says Cloud Office Systems Total 8 Percent of the Overall Office Market and Will Rise to 33 Percent by 2017
• 6/13 Gartner Says Worldwide External Controller-Based Disk Storage Market Grew 0.6 Percent in First Quarter of 2013
• 6/13 Faultline: Vodafone Kabel Deutschland talks confirmed, deal could be dusted in days
• 6/13 Faultline: Comcast sneaks in Homespot revolution as “Neighborhood Hotspots”
• 6/13 McAfee Blogs: Two Steps are Better Than One: Make a Hacker’s Job Harder with Two-step Verification
• 6/12 Gartner Announces Keynote Speakers for its Supply Chain Executive Conference 2013 in Australia
• 6/12 Gartner Says by 2019, 90 Percent of Organizations Will Have Personal Data on IT Systems They Don't Own or Control
• 6/12 iSuppli: Doing What It Does Best: Apple Reinvents Existing iPhones with iOS7 and Competitive Music Launch
• 6/12 McAfee Blogs: Moving up with McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection
• 6/12 McAfee Blogs: Can you answer these three smart business questions about authentication?
• 6/12 HP Security lab Blog: Top 10 things for security people to do at HP Discover 2013 - Las Vegas, NV
• 6/12 HP Security Lab Blog: HP introduces HAVEn to combat $4 billion cyber-theft in Big Data space
• 6/11 Gartner Says Worldwide Security Market to Grow 8.7 Percent in 2013
• 6/11 Gartner Says Less than 10 Percent of Enterprises Have a True Information Strategy
• 6/10 Ovum: Analyst view: Google to buy Waze
• 6/10 Ovum: Analyst view: Apple acknowledges the need for user interface refresh and is willing to do something pretty dramatic
• 6/10 Gartner Forecasts Indian Business Intelligence Software Revenue to Reach $113 Million In 2013
• 6/10 iSuppli: It’s a Tie: Bosch and STM Hold Joint Honors as No. 1 MEMS Suppliers for 2012
• 6/10 iSuppli: 1.3GW of PV Installations Eliminated by EU Anti-Dumping Duties in 2013; Double-Digit Global Growth Still Likely
• 6/10 Wireless Watch: Small Cell World Summit: industry poised to kickstart volume roll-outs
• 6/10 Wireless Watch: Cisco seeks leading role in wireless via small cells
• 6/10 McAfee Blogs: Syrian Crisis Reminds Us to Beware of ‘Charity’ Scams
• 6/9 Frontline Sentinel: Whistleblower (Edward Snowden) Behind the NSA Surveillance Speaks Out [Interview]
• 6/9 Slate: If the NSA Trusted Edward Snowden With Our Data, Why Should We Trust the NSA?
• 6/8 Gartner Says Business Analytics Will Be Central for Business Reinvention
• 6/8 Frontline Sentinel: Practical Tips to Improve Network Security with What You Already Have: Part 2 of 2
• 6/7 Gartner Says India Enterprise Software Market To Reach $3.92 Billion in 2013
• 6/7 iSuppli: Event Cinema Market Takes Off in Europe
• 6/7 McAfee Blogs: Koobface Count Correction
• 6/6 Ovum: Ovum announces winners of inaugural “BYOX Strategy” awards
• 6/6 Ovum: Analyst view: SFDC acquisition of ExactTarget is expensive, but offers significant product synergies
• 6/6 Gartner Says Worldwide Business Intelligence, CPM and Analytic Applications/Performance Management Software Market Grew Seven Percent in 2012
• 6/6 Faultline: Cloud browsers to gut the set top market – ActiveVideo leading the chase
• 6/6 Faultline: TiVo wins its biggest ever settlement - share price barely nods
• 6/6 Canalys: Canalys launches ‘Partner Program Analysis’ service - The latest addition to Canalys’ leading channels research offerings
• 6/6 McAfee Blogs: Forgo Pressure to ‘Share’ and Boost Your Privacy
• 6/6 McAfee Blogs: Summer Web Safety: A Cautionary Tale About The Internet
• 6/6 McAfee Blogs: Malicious Dating, Ad Services Plague Japanese Users
• 6/6 McAfee Blogs: Locking Down Desktops With McAfee’s Application Control
• 6/6 McAfee Blogs: Fraudulent Adult Dating Services Turn 10 Years Old, Still Evolving
• 6/6 HP Security Lab Blog: Combating professional security threats
• 6/5 Ovum: Ovum warns BYOD is here to stay and urges CIOs to respond with a clear strategy
• 6/5 What to Expect at Apple's WWDC
• 6/5 Gartner Says Organizations Must Treat Information as an Asset in its Own Right
• 6/5 Gartner Looks At The Impact of U.S. Visa Legislation on India Offshore Outsourcing in Upcoming Webinar