|Innovating The Next Big Thing||May 24, 2013|
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
• Remembering 9/11
Next Innovator Group
Feedjit Live Web Stats
• Ghost City
HP Expands Converged Cloud Portfolio
Jun 5, 2012 – HP News
New solutions offer powerful options to help enterprises on cloud journey.
HP has expanded its Converged Cloud portfolio with new offerings that extend the power of the cloud across infrastructure, applications and information, enabling enterprises to accelerate innovation and enhance agility.
Today’s announcements include solutions for:
Introduced in April, HP Converged Cloud is the industry’s first strategy and portfolio based on a single architecture that combines private, managed and public cloud, as well as traditional IT, to create an environment that can rapidly change based on organizational requirements.
Recent research conducted on behalf of HP suggests that by 2020, senior business and technology executives expect their organizations’ public and private cloud delivery models to nearly double.(1) However, if not implemented properly, these delivery models could yield cloud silos, creating complexity, risk and vendor lock-in.
“Successful organizations need to be able to select the right delivery model for their technology needs whether it be in the cloud or on premise,” said Bill Veghte, chief operating officer, HP. “HP’s Converged Cloud approach provides enterprises choice in delivery model and platform with the confidence in the service delivered via market leading products, coupled with a consistent architecture and experience.”
Hybrid cloud for the airline industry
HP Converged Cloud Services for Airlines includes HP Passenger Service Solution, which combines HP’s core travel and transportation industry solutions into a single integrated airline reservation and travel SaaS platform. Its two key services, Airline Reservations and Departure Control, helped HP clients board more than 500 million passengers in the past year. The new HP Airline Service Oriented Architecture Platform provides airlines with a modern application-development Platform as a Service (PaaS) to drive rapid development of revenue-generating airline products.
HP Enterprise Cloud Services – Virtual Private Cloud, an IaaS platform, is delivered from secure and energy-efficient next-generation data centers equipped with HP Converged Infrastructure technology. Leveraging HP’s enterprise-grade cloud computing offering on a per-server basis, airlines are able to scale quickly to meet the needs of the business, reducing capital and operational expenses.
Building hybrid cloud environments
HP CloudSystem Matrix software enables organizations to reduce cloud deployments from several weeks to one day when building a complete IaaS implementation for virtualized environments. Easily downloaded software runs on all industry-standard servers supported by VMware and Microsoft® Hyper-V, including HP ProLiant servers.
A new version of HP Cloud Service Automationextends HP’s unified solution for brokering and managing application and infrastructure services on HP CloudSystem-based solutions or third-party environments. Clients can increase IT agility and reduce costs via a self-service portal and highly automated service life-cycle management.
The company also bolstered its solutions and partner programs for communications managed service providers delivering cloud services to their business customers with new versions of HP CloudSystem Service Provider and new members of the HP CloudAgile Service Provider program.
New HP Cloud Planning Services help clients determine their hybrid delivery options and expedite the planning and analysis phases of cloud deployments. HP Datacenter Care offers clients customized support relationship through a single point of contact to deploy, help operate and evolve client data centers as they move from traditional data centers to a converged cloud model.
Managing the next generation of cloud applications
The updated versions of HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and HP Performance Center (PC) enable organizations to drive enterprise innovation through the continuous delivery of applications with new Lab Management Automation and Continuous Application Performance Delivery features. These new offerings help organizations break down IT silos so they can quickly deliver high-quality, innovative applications for hybrid and cloud environments.
Increasing office productivity with cloud print solution
Closing the IT cloud expertise skills gap
Additional information about HP’s new cloud solutions and services is available at www.hp.com/go/hpdiscover2012.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Enterprise Insights articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 5/12 Frontline Sentinel: Two-Factor Authentication for Social Media Sites
• 5/10 McAfee Blogs: RealTime for ePO – Optimized Endpoint Security
• 5/10 Ovum: Ovum comments: GB smart meter delay better late than never
• 5/10 Gartner Says India Has The Potential To Lead The World In The Nexus Of Social, Mobile, Cloud And Information But May Waste The Opportunity
• 5/9 Frontline Sentinel: NSA's Manual on Hacking the Internet
• 5/9 Frontline Sentinel: 8 charged in $45 million cybertheft bank heist
• 5/9 Gartner Highlights Three Key Foundational Elements for Demand-Driven Retail Success
• 5/9 iSuppli: Korean and American Versions of Galaxy S4 as Different as Kimchee and Coleslaw, IHS Teardown Reveals
• 5/9 eMarketer: eMarketer: Emerging Markets Drive Facebook User Growth
• 5/9 Wireless Watch: Microsoft/Nokia alliance at crossroads as both ponder OS futures
• 5/9 Wireless Watch: Apple must rethink far more than the iOS user interface
• 5/9 Faultline: Quantenna gets closer to ST Micro, expect it to get “ascloseasthis”
• 5/9 Faultline: Microsoft volunteers to take Nook, as Barnes and Noble start to breakup
• 5/9 Canalys: Smart mobile device shipments exceed 300 million in Q1 2013 - Android powers 59% of smart phones, tablets and notebooks
• 5/8 McAfee Blogs: Cybercriminals Celebrate – It’s Mothers Day!!
• 5/8 Ovum: Government policy-makers need to create a level playing field for cloud services procurement
• 5/8 Gartner Says Smart Organizations Will Embrace Fast and Frequent Project Failure in Their Quest for Agility
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: How Secure Are Your Social Accounts?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: The Password Problem. Is it Your Problem?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: Have you met McAfee’s SIEM?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: NCCDC 2013 – Red Team Recap
• 5/7 HP Security Lab Blog: HP TippingPoint announces Security Management System 3.6
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: Yes, There are “Mother’s Day” Scams
• 5/7 Ovum: Analyst View: TPG looks to become Australia’s fourth MNO
• 5/7 Ovum: Analyst view: UK G-Cloud to champion public cloud
• 5/7 Gartner Says CIOs Will Need to Manage Both Technology and Business Innovation to Gain Competitive Advantage with Big Data
• 5/6 Gartner Says Indian Public Cloud Services Market To Reach $443 Million In 2013
• 5/6 iSuppli: IHS Discusses How PCs Can Survive the Tablet Invasion, at the SID Touch Gesture Motion Event
• 5/6 McAfee Blogs: Emerging ‘Stack Pivoting’ Exploits Bypass Common Security
• 5/5 McAfee Blogs: Intel, McAfee Investing in Network Security; Strength through Acquisition
• 5/5 McAfee Blogs: Change Your Password Day – Get Onboard!
• 5/5 Frontline Sentinel: iFrame drive-by attack demo [Anatomy of Attack online]
• 5/3 Frontline Sentinel: Basic Use of Maltego for Network Intelligence Gathering
• 5/3 iSuppli: Russian, Eastern European Video Surveillance Market to Double from 2012 to 2017
• 5/3 McAfee Blogs: AP, Burger King, LivingSocial….Who’ll be Hacked Next?
• 5/2 iSuppli: SSDs to Account for One-Third of Worldwide PC Storage Shipments by 2017
• 5/2 iSuppli: PV Inverter Supplier Base Fragments in 2012 – Minimal Impact From Recent M&A Activity in 2013
• 5/2 McAfee Blogs: Healthcare Cloud Enabled Analytics is Growing
• 5/2 Ovum: Analyst view: Facebook’s Q1 2013 results
• 5/2 Australian Organizations to Spend A$70 Million on Business Process Management Suites in 2013: Gartner
• 5/2 Worldwide Semiconductor Assembly and Test Services Market Grew 2.1 Percent in 2012, According to Final Results by Gartner
• 5/2 Wireles Watch: ZigBee Alliance completes Smart Energy Profile 2:
• 5/2 Wireless Watch: AMD, AT&T and Ericsson – wireless value chain shifts to IoT
• 5/2 Faultline: Netflix Hastings predicts OTT world – should stick to profit predictions
• 5/2 Faultline: Ziggo to add 1m homespots by August, work with Liberty Global
• 5/2 Canalys: Canalys launches ‘Appcessory Analysis’ service - First analyst firm to launch a dedicated continuous information service in this space
• 5/1 McAfee Blogs: BadNews for Good People
• 5/1 Frontline Sentinel: The PR Implications Of Cyber Security
• 5/1 HP Security Lab Blog: So, you want to build a Security Operations Center...
• 5/1 HP Security Lab Blog: The new era of security intelligence, part 1