|Innovating The Next Big Thing||April 21, 2014|
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
• Remembering 9/11
Next Innovator Group
Feedjit Live Web Stats
• Ghost City
Gartner Says Customer Experience Enters Top 10 CIO Technology Priorities for 2012
Apr 24, 2012 – Gartner News
Analysts to Explore Customer Engagement, Mobile and Social CRM at Gartner Customer Strategies & Technologies Summit 2012, June 11-12, in London, U.K.
Additionally, Gartner’s 2012 CEO Survey** found that CEOs cited CRM as their most important area of investment to improve their business over the next five years.
“The focus on the customer is increasingly important for business leaders, despite times of continued economic uncertainty and government austerity,” said Jim Davies, research director at Gartner. “Effective leaders use technology to strengthen the customer experience regardless of the economic environment, and they see customers as the key factor in helping their business deliver growth and operational efficiency in 2012. They also understand that a new strategy is needed to embrace social and media trends.”
“In 2012, CRM executives are faced with the challenge of taking ‘social’ more seriously — not as ‘just another channel,’ but as a whole new way of doing business,” said Ed Thompson, vice president and distinguished analyst at Gartner.
Gartner predicts that by 2014, refusing to communicate with customers via social channels will be as harmful to the relationship as ignoring their emails or phone calls is today.
“Our discussions with service providers and end users indicate that CRM services are shifting from a focus on point solution deployment centered on application suites, to a ‘customer experience’ that brings together customer information, analytics, workflows, mobility and social CRM disciplines into a richer, multichannel access to capture the entire customer journey,” Mr. Thompson said.
Gartner said worldwide CRM software revenue reached $12 billion in 2011, a 13.5 percent increase from 2010, and it is forecast to grow 7 percent in 2012. Gartner analysts added that a growing percentage of this revenue is accrued through software as a service (SaaS) and cloud computing. In 2011, SaaS accounted for 32 percent of the CRM software market and is expected to grow 16 percent in 2012.
As competition intensifies, service providers will either have to grow their own CRM practice to incorporate cloud computing, social CRM, digital media and mobility – or they will have to form partnerships with specialist vendors. Service providers that are still focusing on traditional on-premises CRM solutions today will gradually lose out to the competition during the next one to two years.
“We recommend organizations view 2012 as a year to revisit their CRM strategy. The potentially disruptive impact of cloud, big data, social and mobile cannot be overlooked,” said Mr. Davies.
Gartner analysts will further discuss the development of customer experience and service, mobile and social CRM at the Gartner Customer Strategies & Technologies Summit 2012, held from June 11 to 12 in London, U.K. For further information about Summit, please visit www.gartner.com/eu/crm.Information from the event will be shared on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Gartner_inc using #GartnerCRM.
About the Gartner Customer Strategies & Technologies Summit 2012
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Analyst Insights articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 4/1 Innovation Insights: Geospatial Technologies and Humanitarian Goals: Can Geospatial Technologies Inspire Sympathy?
• 3/25 Ovum: Ovum comments: SAP and Adobe to jointly resell Adobe Marketing Cloud
• 3/24 McAfee Blog: Online Tax Time Scams: How to Avoid
• 3/24 McAfee Blogs: McAfee SIEM Enables Cloud Security and Reduces time and resources for Compliance demands for DTS
• 3/24 Ovum: Ovum forecasts CSPs’ capex to remain flat, while telecom vendors face a tough marketplace
• 3/24 Gartner Says a Thirty-Fold Increase in Internet-Connected Physical Devices by 2020 Will Significantly Alter How the Supply Chain Operates
• 3/24 Gartner Says Healthcare Providers in Middle East & Africa To Spend US $ 2.8 Billion on IT In 2014
• 3/21 McAfee Blog: Google Docs Phishing Campaign is Frighteningly Accurate
• 3/20 HP Security Products Blog: Happiness is…securing your app before you launch it!
• 3/20 Wireless Watch: Google and Samsung both start with the watch, but then wearables agendas diverge
• 3/20 Faultline: Vivendi picks the devil it knows best in French bunfight over mobile
• 3/20 Faultline: All singing and dancing TV Connect live with OTT, mobile, dongles, RDK
• 3/20 Gartner Says European CRM Budgets Remain Strong Despite Economic Uncertainty
• 3/19 Ovum: Increase in financial markets IT spending points to end of credit crunch
• 3/19 Gartner Says the Internet of Things Will Transform the Data Center
• 3/19 Gartner Says 70 Percent of CIOs Will Change Their Technology and Sourcing Relationships in the Next Two to Three Years
• 3/19 HP Security Products Blog: Big announcements for 4th Annual HP Government Summit
• 3/18 McAfee Blogs: Smartphone Kill Switch Could Become Federal Law
• 3/18 McAfee Blogs: Anxious About Summer Already? Create a Family Gadget Plan
• 3/18 McAfee Blogs: What is a Denial-of-Service Attack?
• 3/18 McAfee Blogs: Four Pillars Build the Foundation of Successful SIEM
• 3/17 McAfee Blogs: Online relationships are Anamorphic Illusions
• 3/17 McAfee Blogs: Experian ID Theft Exposed 200 Million Consumer Records
• 3/17 McAfee Blogs: Adaptive Threat Prevention – Reducing Attack Discovery to Containment in Milliseconds
• 3/17 Gartner Says Worldwide External Controller-Based Disk Storage Market Grew Five Percent in Fourth Quarter of 2013
• 3/13 McAfee Blogs: Anonymous, Syrian Electronic Army Lead Recent Hacktivist Actions
• 3/13 Ovum: Analyst view: EE’s ranking in RootMetrics study reflects its strategy for being one-step-ahead
• 3/13 Gartner Says Middle East & Africa IT Infrastructure Spending will Reach $3.5 Billion in 2014
• 3/13 eMarketer: Desktop Search to Decline $1.4 Billion as Google Users Shift to Mobile
• 3/13 Wireless Watch: Carrier aggregation reaches out to TDD and unlicensed spectrum
• 3/13 Wireless Watch: Carrier SDN needs to unify every network layer to maximize returns
• 3/12 McAfee Blogs: Analyzing the Uroburos PatchGuard Bypass
• 3/12 Ovum: Analyst View: Ovum sees security transformation underway
• 3/12 Ovum: Analyst view: MEPs voted for stronger protection for EU citizens’ personal data
• 3/12 Gartner Says New U.S. Government Rules Will Require IT Leaders to Consider How IT Infrastructure Can Help Promote Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities
• 3/11 McAfee Blogs: Threats Timeline Tracks Recent Security Breaches
• 3/11 Ovum: Analyst view: Ifetel declares Telmex and Televisa as dominant in their respective markets in Mexico
• 3/11 Gartner Acquires Software Advice
• 3/11 Gartner Announces Customer 360 Summit 2014
• 3/11 eMarketer: AOL Rebounds as Programmatic, Video Push Double-Digit Growth
• 3/11 HP Security Products Blog: Consumers need security intelligence, too
• 3/10 Wireless Watch: WiFi Revisited - The effects of WiFi Offload
• 3/10 McAfee Blogs: Timeline of Bitcoin Events Demonstrates Online Currency’s Volatility
• 3/10 McAfee Blogs: Threat Intelligence Exchange: An Old Dog with Plenty of New Tricks
• 3/10 McAfee Blogs: Network Security Perspective: Point-of-Sale, Data Loss, and the Black Market
• 3/10 eMarketer: Mobile to Surpass Newspapers for UK Ad Spending
• 3/10 Canalys: Technology channel partners set for business transformation in 2014
• 3/9 McAfee Blogs: Welcome to the New McAfee Labs Quarterly Threats Report
• 3/9 Gartner Says Public Cloud Services in the Middle East and North Africa Region on Pace To Total $620 Million In 2014
• 3/7 HP Security Products Blog: How to prevent vulnerabilities in WiFi access points