|Innovating The Next Big Thing||April 18, 2014|
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
• Remembering 9/11
Next Innovator Group
Feedjit Live Web Stats
• Ghost City
Defense Information Systems Agency Selects HP to Enhance Assessment of Networks for Vulnerabilities
Apr 20, 2012 – HP News
HP has announced that the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) has selected HP Enterprise Services as the prime contractor for a program that will provide analytics to enable the assessment of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) enterprise networks and connected IT systems against DoD standards, as well as any known system vulnerabilities.
The contract, awarded under DISA’s Encore II contract vehicle, is valued at up to approximately $39.8 million over seven years. The work performed will help enhance the DoD’s ability to detect IT system vulnerabilities, ensuring improved and efficient security.
Under the terms of the contract, the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) will be available for implementation across the DoD as the enterprise-wide compliance solution. HP will ensure strict compliance levels are met by providing implementation, training, help desk, and project management services to DISA.
“Providing robust cybersecurity protection and defenses to DISA and across the DoD enterprise is a top priority for DISA’s leadership,” said Betsy Hight, vice president, Cybersecurity Practice, U.S. Public Sector, HP Enterprise Services. “HP’s solution is flexible, scalable, easy to deploy and maintain, and delivers the best overall value to the DoD community.”
To further enhance the client experience, HP provides integrated services for ACAS, which include the Tenable SecurityCenter product by Tenable Network Security, Inc., a leader in Unified Security Monitoring. This integrated solution provides DISA with instant access to its global footprint and technology expertise, while delivering a turnkey solution that will achieve all information security compliance initiatives.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Network & Information Security articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 4/1 Innovation Insights: Geospatial Technologies and Humanitarian Goals: Can Geospatial Technologies Inspire Sympathy?
• 3/25 Ovum: Ovum comments: SAP and Adobe to jointly resell Adobe Marketing Cloud
• 3/24 McAfee Blog: Online Tax Time Scams: How to Avoid
• 3/24 McAfee Blogs: McAfee SIEM Enables Cloud Security and Reduces time and resources for Compliance demands for DTS
• 3/24 Ovum: Ovum forecasts CSPs’ capex to remain flat, while telecom vendors face a tough marketplace
• 3/24 Gartner Says a Thirty-Fold Increase in Internet-Connected Physical Devices by 2020 Will Significantly Alter How the Supply Chain Operates
• 3/24 Gartner Says Healthcare Providers in Middle East & Africa To Spend US $ 2.8 Billion on IT In 2014
• 3/21 McAfee Blog: Google Docs Phishing Campaign is Frighteningly Accurate
• 3/20 HP Security Products Blog: Happiness is…securing your app before you launch it!
• 3/20 Wireless Watch: Google and Samsung both start with the watch, but then wearables agendas diverge
• 3/20 Faultline: Vivendi picks the devil it knows best in French bunfight over mobile
• 3/20 Faultline: All singing and dancing TV Connect live with OTT, mobile, dongles, RDK
• 3/20 Gartner Says European CRM Budgets Remain Strong Despite Economic Uncertainty
• 3/19 Ovum: Increase in financial markets IT spending points to end of credit crunch
• 3/19 Gartner Says the Internet of Things Will Transform the Data Center
• 3/19 Gartner Says 70 Percent of CIOs Will Change Their Technology and Sourcing Relationships in the Next Two to Three Years
• 3/19 HP Security Products Blog: Big announcements for 4th Annual HP Government Summit
• 3/18 McAfee Blogs: Smartphone Kill Switch Could Become Federal Law
• 3/18 McAfee Blogs: Anxious About Summer Already? Create a Family Gadget Plan
• 3/18 McAfee Blogs: What is a Denial-of-Service Attack?
• 3/18 McAfee Blogs: Four Pillars Build the Foundation of Successful SIEM
• 3/17 McAfee Blogs: Online relationships are Anamorphic Illusions
• 3/17 McAfee Blogs: Experian ID Theft Exposed 200 Million Consumer Records
• 3/17 McAfee Blogs: Adaptive Threat Prevention – Reducing Attack Discovery to Containment in Milliseconds
• 3/17 Gartner Says Worldwide External Controller-Based Disk Storage Market Grew Five Percent in Fourth Quarter of 2013
• 3/13 McAfee Blogs: Anonymous, Syrian Electronic Army Lead Recent Hacktivist Actions
• 3/13 Ovum: Analyst view: EE’s ranking in RootMetrics study reflects its strategy for being one-step-ahead
• 3/13 Gartner Says Middle East & Africa IT Infrastructure Spending will Reach $3.5 Billion in 2014
• 3/13 eMarketer: Desktop Search to Decline $1.4 Billion as Google Users Shift to Mobile
• 3/13 Wireless Watch: Carrier aggregation reaches out to TDD and unlicensed spectrum
• 3/13 Wireless Watch: Carrier SDN needs to unify every network layer to maximize returns
• 3/12 McAfee Blogs: Analyzing the Uroburos PatchGuard Bypass
• 3/12 Ovum: Analyst View: Ovum sees security transformation underway
• 3/12 Ovum: Analyst view: MEPs voted for stronger protection for EU citizens’ personal data
• 3/12 Gartner Says New U.S. Government Rules Will Require IT Leaders to Consider How IT Infrastructure Can Help Promote Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities
• 3/11 McAfee Blogs: Threats Timeline Tracks Recent Security Breaches
• 3/11 Ovum: Analyst view: Ifetel declares Telmex and Televisa as dominant in their respective markets in Mexico
• 3/11 Gartner Acquires Software Advice
• 3/11 Gartner Announces Customer 360 Summit 2014
• 3/11 eMarketer: AOL Rebounds as Programmatic, Video Push Double-Digit Growth
• 3/11 HP Security Products Blog: Consumers need security intelligence, too
• 3/10 Wireless Watch: WiFi Revisited - The effects of WiFi Offload
• 3/10 McAfee Blogs: Timeline of Bitcoin Events Demonstrates Online Currency’s Volatility
• 3/10 McAfee Blogs: Threat Intelligence Exchange: An Old Dog with Plenty of New Tricks
• 3/10 McAfee Blogs: Network Security Perspective: Point-of-Sale, Data Loss, and the Black Market
• 3/10 eMarketer: Mobile to Surpass Newspapers for UK Ad Spending
• 3/10 Canalys: Technology channel partners set for business transformation in 2014
• 3/9 McAfee Blogs: Welcome to the New McAfee Labs Quarterly Threats Report
• 3/9 Gartner Says Public Cloud Services in the Middle East and North Africa Region on Pace To Total $620 Million In 2014
• 3/7 HP Security Products Blog: How to prevent vulnerabilities in WiFi access points