|Innovating The Next Big Thing||June 19, 2013|
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
• Remembering 9/11
Next Innovator Group
Feedjit Live Web Stats
• Ghost City
HP Enables Telecoms to Deploy and Manage Mobile Applications for Business Customers
Apr 18, 2012 – David Collins
HP has announced a mobility platform for communications service providers (CSPs) that enables them to help enterprise customers increase productivity by supporting employee use of smartphones and tablets.
The core components of the HP Enterprise Mobility platform are:
“Service providers are at a point where they need an enterprise service delivery platform, not just a telco service delivery platform,” said Glen Ragoonanan, lead analyst, Infrastructure Solutions and SDP Strategies, Analysys Mason. “It makes sense to work with a partner like HP that has both telco and IT heritage and can bring the two worlds together.”
Based on the widely deployed HP Service Delivery Platform (SDP), the HP Enterprise Mobility platform features a flexible service-oriented architecture. CSPs can adapt the core HP components to suit specific, complex needs, and they can integrate other HP and third-party solutions to further enhance functionality.
“CSPs must invent new business models to win in a 4G world,” said David Sliter, vice president and general manager, Communications, Media and Entertainment, HP Enterprise Services. “HP’s offering enables CSPs to generate new revenue by helping enterprises tap the productivity potential of smartphones and tablets used by employees.”
In addition to offering mobility services to enterprises, CSPs can use the HP platform to manage mobility services for their own employees, including the development and distribution of new apps.
Designed for CSPs to offer to their enterprise clients, the HP Enterprise Mobility platform also will be sold directly to enterprises by HP, as an on-premises solution.
The HP Enterprise Mobility platform complements previously announced offerings in the HP Mobile Application Services portfolio.
More information about the HP Enterprise Mobility platform is available at www.hp.com/go/emp.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Enterprise Mobility articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: The Defense Department Lists Mobile Security as a Top Priority
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: The Strategic Consumer
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Keeping Your Small Business Safe from Cyberattacks
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Exciting Times for SMBs at National Small Business Week!
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Why whitelisting is ready for Enterprise desktops
• 6/13 Gartner Says Cloud Office Systems Total 8 Percent of the Overall Office Market and Will Rise to 33 Percent by 2017
• 6/13 Gartner Says Worldwide External Controller-Based Disk Storage Market Grew 0.6 Percent in First Quarter of 2013
• 6/13 Faultline: Vodafone Kabel Deutschland talks confirmed, deal could be dusted in days
• 6/13 Faultline: Comcast sneaks in Homespot revolution as “Neighborhood Hotspots”
• 6/13 McAfee Blogs: Two Steps are Better Than One: Make a Hacker’s Job Harder with Two-step Verification
• 6/12 Gartner Announces Keynote Speakers for its Supply Chain Executive Conference 2013 in Australia
• 6/12 Gartner Says by 2019, 90 Percent of Organizations Will Have Personal Data on IT Systems They Don't Own or Control
• 6/12 iSuppli: Doing What It Does Best: Apple Reinvents Existing iPhones with iOS7 and Competitive Music Launch
• 6/12 McAfee Blogs: Moving up with McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection
• 6/12 McAfee Blogs: Can you answer these three smart business questions about authentication?
• 6/12 HP Security lab Blog: Top 10 things for security people to do at HP Discover 2013 - Las Vegas, NV
• 6/12 HP Security Lab Blog: HP introduces HAVEn to combat $4 billion cyber-theft in Big Data space
• 6/11 Gartner Says Worldwide Security Market to Grow 8.7 Percent in 2013
• 6/11 Gartner Says Less than 10 Percent of Enterprises Have a True Information Strategy
• 6/10 Ovum: Analyst view: Google to buy Waze
• 6/10 Ovum: Analyst view: Apple acknowledges the need for user interface refresh and is willing to do something pretty dramatic
• 6/10 Gartner Forecasts Indian Business Intelligence Software Revenue to Reach $113 Million In 2013
• 6/10 iSuppli: It’s a Tie: Bosch and STM Hold Joint Honors as No. 1 MEMS Suppliers for 2012
• 6/10 iSuppli: 1.3GW of PV Installations Eliminated by EU Anti-Dumping Duties in 2013; Double-Digit Global Growth Still Likely
• 6/10 Wireless Watch: Small Cell World Summit: industry poised to kickstart volume roll-outs
• 6/10 Wireless Watch: Cisco seeks leading role in wireless via small cells
• 6/10 McAfee Blogs: Syrian Crisis Reminds Us to Beware of ‘Charity’ Scams
• 6/9 Frontline Sentinel: Whistleblower (Edward Snowden) Behind the NSA Surveillance Speaks Out [Interview]
• 6/9 Slate: If the NSA Trusted Edward Snowden With Our Data, Why Should We Trust the NSA?
• 6/8 Gartner Says Business Analytics Will Be Central for Business Reinvention
• 6/8 Frontline Sentinel: Practical Tips to Improve Network Security with What You Already Have: Part 2 of 2
• 6/7 Gartner Says India Enterprise Software Market To Reach $3.92 Billion in 2013
• 6/7 iSuppli: Event Cinema Market Takes Off in Europe
• 6/7 McAfee Blogs: Koobface Count Correction
• 6/6 Ovum: Ovum announces winners of inaugural “BYOX Strategy” awards
• 6/6 Ovum: Analyst view: SFDC acquisition of ExactTarget is expensive, but offers significant product synergies
• 6/6 Gartner Says Worldwide Business Intelligence, CPM and Analytic Applications/Performance Management Software Market Grew Seven Percent in 2012
• 6/6 Faultline: Cloud browsers to gut the set top market – ActiveVideo leading the chase
• 6/6 Faultline: TiVo wins its biggest ever settlement - share price barely nods
• 6/6 Canalys: Canalys launches ‘Partner Program Analysis’ service - The latest addition to Canalys’ leading channels research offerings
• 6/6 McAfee Blogs: Forgo Pressure to ‘Share’ and Boost Your Privacy
• 6/6 McAfee Blogs: Summer Web Safety: A Cautionary Tale About The Internet
• 6/6 McAfee Blogs: Malicious Dating, Ad Services Plague Japanese Users
• 6/6 McAfee Blogs: Locking Down Desktops With McAfee’s Application Control
• 6/6 McAfee Blogs: Fraudulent Adult Dating Services Turn 10 Years Old, Still Evolving
• 6/6 HP Security Lab Blog: Combating professional security threats
• 6/5 Ovum: Ovum warns BYOD is here to stay and urges CIOs to respond with a clear strategy
• 6/5 What to Expect at Apple's WWDC
• 6/5 Gartner Says Organizations Must Treat Information as an Asset in its Own Right
• 6/5 Gartner Looks At The Impact of U.S. Visa Legislation on India Offshore Outsourcing in Upcoming Webinar